.+ Huge MA*RS Haul & Review +.

 .+ Huge MA*RS Haul & Review +.

From a plus sized gal (XL/1X)

Hey gals~ ! I've been waiting on this MA*RS haul from jpshopping! I'm going to unbox & try on to tell you guys which articles fit, problem areas, stretchiness & thoughts about them! I will try on everything and rate them so other gals who arent xxs-xs can know which items will work! For reference I am 5'1 and an XL in US clothing. Keep in mind my approval is not a one size fits all, if you have my build/ are an XL the reviews may serve you well. <3 I will include my measurements so you can compare my problem areas and see if they would be problematic or okay for you.

For those unaware, gyaru brand mostly only comes in one size or caters to very small sizes: Free size/ one size fits all. That's not true by any means and there is soo much guess work involved in seeing if a piece would fit.

My current measurements (In inches): 

39" Waist

44" Bust

49" Hips

30" Thigh Diameter

14" Upper Arm Diameter


I was so excited to open this package up, I got 25 items! I combined two large hauls together for the ultimate haul. The box was huge! I opened the box and saw a TON of packages inside, it was so exciting. I voice called Bea while unboxing and showed her everything, everything that doesn't fit me is going to her. (She needs some MA*RS pieces, okay?!) There are some items I forgot/ missed taking pictures of but they're either casual or going straight to Bea.

Onto the unboxing.. 


Packages. SO many packages. After I unpacked everything it was just this sea of MA*RS /and this La Pafait bag/. It was amazing. I was drowning in MA*RS, my agejo heart was full of black and pink joy. Here is a picture of the beautiful sea of gyaru brand.



Let's get to reviewing and showing what's in this pile, I'll go through the clothes first! I did neglect taking pictures of several items, but I will be reviewing the important ones!

Article 1: Zebra Floral Dress


Initial thoughts: It is very cute and the free flowing aspect is nice! 
Problem areas: The chest. There is no room for any cleavage here, it didn't even cover half of mine and I'm not even very busty in comparison to others.
Stretchiness: Everything has stretch except for the bust area.
Is it plus size approved?: No, unless you have a way flatter chest. 

Article 2: Slinky Black Ribbon Dress




Initial thoughts: This dress was tiny! I didn't know if the stretch would pull through but it did! Once it was on it was very comfortable and had a pretty fit that hugged my curves nicely.

Problem areas: A little bit of difficulty when putting it on. A little tight near the armpit area, but lengthening it out solves that.

Stretchiness: Very stretchy all around! It fit me as an XL.

Is it plus size approved? Yes!

Article 3: REAL MARS Sleeveless Hoodie Dress


Initial thoughts: Maaaan I did not know if this would fit, it was so cute and sexy I was hoping it would. It has a cross hardware and glitter "REAL MARS" decals on the hood and back.

Problem areas: Getting in it was a bit hard, fitting it over your hips you have to do the "my jeans are tight" dance wiggle to get it over. After that was smooth sailing.

Stretchiness: Has stretch all around, fits an XL.

Is it plus size approved?: Yes!

Article 4:  Pink Lace Shirt


Initial thoughts: It's cute, a nice stretchy item.

Problem areas: Upper arm/ armpit are tight.

Stretchiness: It's EXTREMELY stretchy.

Is it plus size approved?: Almost. The stretch saves it but the arms are unpleasant.
 
Article 5: Black Cardigan with bows


Initial thoughts: The arms will be a little tight for sure, its very cute and casual.
Problem areas: Upper arm/ armpit area is tight, not too bad however.
Stretchiness: Pretty stretchy! 
Is it plus size approved? Yes, if you don't mind some arm hugging.

Article 6: Short Sleeve Heart Cardigan


Initial thoughts: Oh no
Problem areas: Arms, everything
Stretchiness: Has stretch, not a lot of material
Is it plus size approved?: No way in hell I looked GOOFY.
 
Article 7: Original print MA*RS setup
 


 Initial thoughts: AHAHAHA WHATTT this thing was TINY. Not even the arm pieces could go on my forearm. I don't even think this could fit a size M, I don't know how it could fit. This will be going on my wall as decor.
Problem areas: Everything.
Stretchiness: The one black band around the chest has stretch, it won't save you from the rest of everything.
Is it Plus Size Approved? I don't even think this could fit the regular sizing spectrum.
 

Article 8: Purple Stretchy Pearl Sweater Dress


Initial thoughts: This is so cute! I had no doubts about it, it looked so cozy and cute!
Problem Areas: None
Stretchiness: Very stretchy & free sized
Is it Plus Size Approved?: Yes! There is a chance it will fit someone larger than me due to the stretch and the very free sized nature of it. It fit me like a normal article of clothing in my size.

Article 9: Pink Black Diamond Button Dress
UPDATE: After having an absolute crisis with Sei we have discovered that I am wearing this backwards. The tag being on the side did not help the confusion that ensued. Irregardless this still fits and fits better WHEN IT'S PUT ON RIGHT.



Initial thoughts: This is one of my favorites, I'm seriously rooting for this piece. It's so cute and I just love it so much. I'm short and this is MEANT to be a top I believe but it's long enough to be a mini dress.
Problem areas: Is a little see through & thigh area. It's decently tight on mine but I'll manage simply because I love this dress so much. The upper arms are a little tight as well but it's also manageable if you pull the sleeves up more it won't even be an issue. There is no popping stitches for any room on the thigh area, I would wear this with short spandex shorts and possibly tights to avoid being exposed walking or bending over.
Stretchiness: Has a decent amount of stretch, the thigh area is a little tight however.
Is it plus size approved?: Minimally, I barely got away with it and it has some problems but my love for the dress makes dealing with it worth it.

Article 10: Black Pink Lace Romper



Initial thoughts: I was like ohh no how is this going to fit me as I did not realize it wasn't a dress! But it worked SOOOO WELL. You will need to cut out the tie that is on the shorts and will have to stretch it out. After removing the waist tie and stretching out the top arm holes and the leg holes it fit like a dream and looked so amazing and sexy. I love this piece. I might detach the arm pieces from the body for more freedom of movement.
Problem Areas: Upper arm holes, thigh holes, waist tie. All can be fixed easily!
Stretchiness: Very stretchy & can be loosened up.
Is it plus size approved? Fat yes /for the smaller end of the plus size spectrum ofc/ . I love this thing. I will be wearing it casually as it's comfortable and allows a lot of movement and protection from being exposed.

Article 11: Black and white Gold Button Dress
 

Initial thoughts: This is soooo cute. Everything including the collar material is stretch fabric so I have high hopes for this!

Problem areas: Upper sleeve can be a bit hard to pull up but overall it was a nice fit and is very cute and comfortable!

Stretchiness: Very stretchy! Super comfy and allows room for any potential weight loss or gain.

Is it plus size approved? Absolutely, this is a nice comfy item and I'm a fan.

Article 12 & 13: Black and pink OTK Lace Socks





Initial thoughts: I don't expect these to be comfortable and easy like socks created with bigger thighs in mind. However, they are very wearable! They don't squeeze me and are surprisingly stretchy. I can 100% see these rolling down with walking though. 

Problem Areas: Will roll down, left pair are a little tight on the back thigh area. 

Stretchiness: Very stretchy! They're still over the knee and mid thigh level which is impressive for not being plus size thigh highs!

Is it plus size approved?: It's wearable. I would recommend just going to sock dreams or thunda thighs and sewing /or using hemming tape or e6000 if you can't sew/ on the pink lace yourself for true thigh highs that are comfortable. If you're a MA*RS fiend like me they're very acceptable. 

Wow! That was a lot of reviewing. Now I can show you guys the accessories and shoes I got! I forgot to take a picture of the two MA*RS tank tops but that's alright, you'll definitely catch them on casual days. 

I got some little pearl accessories as I'm really lacking in the accessory department, this will add a cute touch and some detail to my coords.



I got this beautiful MA*RS headband, I'm a huge fan and want to wear it all the time. I am a bow fanatic currently and I absolutely love the details and layering. 10/10
 

 

LET ME TELL YOU GUYS SOMETHING CRAZY. LET ME TELL YOU. These boots? They retailed for 9975 yen, around $97 USD. How much did I get them for? 301 yen. Basically TWO DOLLARS. They are gorgeous and aside from some wrinkling they're perfect. I am just STUNNED I got these for that price. Stunned. I felt the need to tell everybody on the planet about these boots. STUNNED.


Adorable decorative La Pafait bag, I've been warned these bags are super delicate though. 


MA*RS scrunchies with bows and charms! I love them! Such an easy way to add a gal flare to simple hairstyles.
 Finally, this pink perfume print wallet. I am in love it it.  I worship the wallet. It's a very nice smooth material so for my gals with sensory issues regarding rougher fabric or canvas type material this wallet is nice and smooth and doesn't cause any issues.  

I hope you guys enjoyed reading~! ! I hope that this will help out some of my other gals who are larger and are struggling to find pieces that fit correctly. Before I go I'd like to show you guys my make for when I received everything~! 



Thanks for reading!~ I'll see you guys later <3 <3





Comments

  1. Ok but the pink dress worn backwards IS a moment (♥A♥) love it! And love this haul, you got some really good stuff!!!
    - Amiman♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such good review and haul! And I feel you about the MA*RS set, it's super tiny! I have some skirts from their prints as well and they barely cover my bum and i'm 1.5 mts! I'm tiny af hahaha. But everything else looks so beautiful on you! Can't wait to see you making new codes. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

⁎⁺˳✧༚ Melly Antics: Bigger hair & sparkly things

⁎⁺˳✧༚ January Gets ! !