Blog #2 Synthetic Curls Tutorial & Gyaru Dolly Make + Code

 

xX Synthetic Curls Tutorial Xx


Hello ! I've been up to my usual gal antics, I have a gets blog post coming sooon~ So I saw this picture in an inspiration channel...


I saw this hairstyle and knew instantly I needed to do it. I ended up with smaller and tighter curls because of my wand, but it ended up making the look more refined and detailed. So I got two ponytail clip in extensions and got to work... but I didn't know how to curl synthetic hair without rollers/ boiling water. Part of gal is making gal work for you and what you have, and I happened to have a wand and spray bottle. Perfect! 


Get a heatproof surface for heat tools! I use this board or a ceramic plate.

In my experience, synthetic hair won't curl without being steamed, I've tried and it's just a sad little twist. What I did was sprayed a small piece of hair with water, ran my fingers down through that strand to make sure all of it was saturated with water, and curled it on low heat for 30 seconds. 


Some key notes:

-You need your strand to be flat across the wand or you won't get a good curl (example below)


-You need to be super careful with how you unwrap your curl, loosen it around the wand to cool it a bit while its still loosened in the coil shape around the wand so that coil stays as it cools down for a bit and then slide your wand out of the loosened coil. If you don't unwrap it right or carefully you will lose the entire curl as it will still be hot and not cooled in place. Pulling the curl from the wand wrong can just straighten it because it wasn't cooled in the correct shape and got restyled on accident while it was still hot. 

Video of loosening it in the coil shape, picture of where to slide your wand out to not disturb the curl:




-If your synthetic hair is heat resistant you can up the heat instead of it being fully low and can save a lot of time. From 30 seconds to 20 etc.

-These two ponytail extensions took me 10 hours to style, so you'll need to set out time! Make sure to have some type of stand + clips to section out top layers while working from the under layer out.



Use clips to section out the bottom layers! Don't make yourself suffer by skipping this!

Use hairspray on your curl layers to set them. It'll make for better sujimori later. After everything is curled, you want to pull apart curls to add volume, split curls into two curls by pulling them apart. When you need even more volume, tease only the base and not the length. After you're done pulling and teasing, use hair spray again. I use got2b glued and it works amazing. 

Before styling & After (Blonde)



.+ How they look on + Make & Co*de +.








<3 I hope that tutorial on how I did it was helpful for other styling newbies, overall I say the work was very worth it! All I have to do is clip them on and I'm set! All it takes is time and being methodical with your work. I'll see you guys next time !~





Comments

  1. Oh my goodness, 10 hours?! Phew that's a lot of work! I'm such a newbie when it comes to synthetic hair so I'm really grateful for this step-by-step on how you did these curled pigtails. You look sooooo cute!!! <333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, this comment is so sweet!! It was for sure a lot of work, I'm glad to see you here Lizzie !! <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

⁎⁺˳✧༚ Melly Antics: Bigger hair & sparkly things

.+ Huge MA*RS Haul & Review +.

⁎⁺˳✧༚ January Gets ! !