.+Blonde Wig Makeover+.

 

.x+ Ratty Blonde Wig Makeover! +x.

Revamping a $20 wig that was previously obliterated by inexperience !..


Hey gals !~ I know I haven't blogged for a bit but there's reasons! I've picked up skateboarding again, but with that comes the agony of waiting for purchases to come in. I bought the 187 Killer Pads skate protection bundle in the style Moxi as I love their protection.. but... this set...

HAD LEOPARD PRINT. GYARU SKATE PROTECTION!? I can make skating itself have it's own gal flare?! Naturally, I am extremely excited and cannot focus on anything but my glorious purchases.


My beloved leopard print skate protection.. My cruiser is hibiscus print too! Full gal energy, all times, everywhere!

 

So.. I've had to keep myself busy waiting for my skate protection to come. I chose to revive my first attempt of a styled wig. Now, this was a cheap wig and I had no clue what I was doing. It's blatantly obvious. I tried several tutorials and different methods. I got the height I wanted... at least.. but that was through teasing everything and making a total bird nest! Now I wasn't even aware of it being a disaster until Chris pointed it out subtly asking how I got it that bad (thank you Chris, I would've never known without your brutal honesty and would've kept sporting bird's nest chic LOL)

Let me show you what I'm talking about. The wig started out like this:

Pretty standard? Well, I wanted a big gyaru curly wig, like the huge suji or hime pieces. I didn't know how though, so through hours of hairspray and teasing I got it to the disaster state.


 

Yikes and a half. Two yikes, maybe three yikes. Just yikes. Frizzy knotted hell, with colored extensions that look like the fuzzy worms in the wigs of tiktok danganronpa cosplayers. Now me being oblivious and just happy I had big hair I was selectively blind to the state of the wig until I voice called with Chris. Makeover time, the first state of order was to remove the extensions tangled within the depths of the wig.

Alright, done! Well.. now we need as clean of a slate as we can get. I had to brush out the wig and be trapped within shedding hell for a bit until it was sorted.


You can start to see improvement on one side. I had to brush through the rest and pull through.

Now we've brushed it out. There's undeniable frizz and flyaway hairs but I expected that considering the brutal hours of torture this wig had gotten previously. Some hairs stood straight up, I had to take a flat iron while brushing to control this as best as I could. The previous damage gave the wig some serious volume though, which I'll take.


So I started curling the bottom layer, at the top there was insane mats that I left as I felt they would be covered and would function as something I could tease. The curling method is the same spray bottle curling iron method used in my synthetic curls tutorial here

I kept curling, I'd been doing this for hours at this point (you have to SLOWLY and delicately unwrap the curl to not ruin it while it's hot.. time consuming) I was at a middle layer at this point, I had to take a break for several hours after I reached 6 hours of styling.


So this is where I stopped at six hours, about half of the wig was done. Mind you this wig is cheap and was previously tortured before this, so there are crazy fly aways and it will not be perfect. We are striving for BETTER, not perfect. 

I continued and curled the rest of the wig on vc with the gals, they gave me the strength I needed to tackle wigzilla.



Now we have all of it curled, yay! But the top is missing the classic gal volume, it just had volume on the sides as it had a permanent side part. Well, I don't care and I make my own rules so I will fake a different hairline by tying the top layer up reeeal tight so you can't see the hairband but it still looks like it has crazy volume. 



Aaand we're done with this makeover! (ft my mirror I need to clean www)

Before & After


I would say that's a total wig makeover! It's seen better days and it's not perfect but it is undoubtedly better now, it looks so much more refined. Hopefully I'll find more gyaru related things to do while waiting on my skate gear, I'm hoping to get better at skating and blog about it too! 


Cya later~ !



Comments

  1. Omg what a transformation <3 I need to learn how to do this to my wigs :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vin AKA Melly AKA GaijinVoid/VoidGyaru has turned out to be a racist pedophile. Avoid them all all costs, and make others aware of Melanie's behavior.

      https://murdertheinternet.carrd.co/

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

⁎⁺˳✧༚ Melly Antics: Bigger hair & sparkly things

.+ Huge MA*RS Haul & Review +.

⁎⁺˳✧༚ January Gets ! !